1. Favorite quote, verse or song lyric?
"I am a child of God, and he has sent me here"
2. If you could meet w/ anyone dead or alive for lunch, who would it be?
My dad, oh, how I miss him.
3. Sweetest thing your significant other does for you with or without knowing it?
Calls me up when he gets home from work to see when I will get home.
4. Do you wish on stars?
Not really, but I enjoy looking at them on those dark desert nights when we are sitting outside away from town.
5. Favorite drink?
Okay, this is my greatest sin - Diet Coke
6. Favorite meal?
Almost anything spicy.
7. Last person you spoke with on the phone?
Garrett for just a few seconds, he was calling to wish his dad a happy birthday
8. Favorite month?
Probably October because it is finally starting to cool off and the holiday chaos is only a few short weeks away.
9. Favorite day of the year?
Probably our wedding anniversary - Sept. 18th
10. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Chrissy doll. I even sewed clothes for her when I was too old to play with dolls - when was that anyway?
11. Who is the friend you have had the longest?
Actual keep in touch with friend? I haven't been the best at this, Lowette Rohrig - Kim's oldest sister was my friend when we moved to Wenden and I meet with her at the CTE summer conference in Tucson. But new old friends would be Crystal. She is the one we call when we need a quick makeover or decorations for something. She has been through a lot and has been there for me when I needed that little extra boost, both spiritually and otherwise.
12. When was the last time you cried?
When I was writing the answer to question number 2.
13. What are you afraid of?
My greatest fear is heights. No matter how hard I try to overcome this fear, I just can't get past the first step.
14. Favorite flower?
Jasmine for the scent. But the wildflowers everywhere, anywhere are my favorites.
15. How many states have you lived in?
Just two, AZ and SD. SD - a great place to visit, but don't want to live there.
16. If you could change one thing in your life what would it be?
Okay, leaner, you know the answer to this - since we are on the same page. Getting a degree simply because so often in this great big world people value it more than the knowledge we have.
17. A favorite memory of a family trip.
The last year we went all together to SD. The ride home when it was 99% humidity and over 100 degrees. Stopping in Omaha at Winter Quarters and trying not to die from the sheer misery of the outside air. The air conditioner literaly freezing up on the old Suburban.
But, oh how we loved those crazy road trips and the silly sites we saw. The Big Well, Dalton gang hideout, hole in the wall places that were tourist traps, but probaly better because we had a chance to get out of the car for a little while.
18. A nice thing you did for someone and it backfired.
I seriously can't think of anything to write here, maybe I don't do nice things for people very often because I have to think everything through too long before doing it.
19. Something you always wanted to do but are afraid to
Not so much afraid, well, maybe a little - go on a cruise.
20. Who are your idols?
There are a lot of people that I would like to be like, but don't have any real idols.
21. Favorite Dessert?
Anything sweet, and possibly nutty, and gooey.
22. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wasn't going to be anything except someones wife and mother. Thought I would marry a rich farmer, stay at home, cook, clean, sew, be the president of the PTA, etc. Guess that didn't work as well as I thought.
23. How many candles where on your last B-day cake and when is your B-day?
According to Abe who has a top ten reasons why they didn't put candles on my cake, there weren't any. My B-day is Feb 15.
24. Do you dye your hair and if so what color/brand do you use?
No, the two times in my life I did I didn't like the amount of work involved in maintaining the look. Will wait and see how I feel in a few years.