Friday, May 16, 2008

efiL sI dooG

The day before the last day of April I went into the hospital to have a minor procedure done. While I would like to state that I had augmentation or something lifted, that would not be the truth. Fortunately the tissue that was removed came back benign. It took a few more days to recover from this than I thought it should. I managed to have the flu for a few days after that. Anyway, by Mother's Day weekend I was finally recovered. Work on Monday was great, I accomplished so much. Family home evening that night with G'rat's family.

Then Tuesday hit.

I left my phone in the car as I was going to just run into my office for a minute. 30 minutes later the phone rang, I noticed the number and wondered why abe was calling me. I started to explain that I forgot my phone in the car and he told me to just listen for a minute. He then told me that our Maddie had been air-vac'd to the valley. I locked my office and headed home to change vehicles and clothes and then down to the hospital. What a tough few days for our poor Brie and our littlest girl. It is so hard when all she wanted was a drink of water and we couldn't get her that. She wanted us to take her home. A late night Tuesday, a late night Wednesday, and Thursday they were able to bring her home. We watched her so that mom and dad could get some food and a prescription filled. She was so much happier and wanted to be a dog like Haley. So we played dog for awhile.

Tonight it is dinner in and some dumb movie on TV. efiL sI dooG is my new motto - I try to tell myself this all the time. Sometime it is easier than others to believe because truly "Life is Good" when you take time to reflect.

2 comments:

Pen-nut said...

It was so great to talk to you the other night. Thanks!!!!

leaner said...

efiL sI dooG! Yes yes yes. Every time I think about Madder, my heart drops. I am so glad she is ok, I am thankful everything came out alright, but still... scary for us all.