Saturday, June 13, 2009

Good news for Abe

We called Garmin to find out what hope we had of restoring our broken GPS unit. They were very friendly and told me that we just need to send it in as it is still under warranty. So only the cost of shipping to repair it. Quite a substantial savings.

I also asked them about our other two units, they had both quit working about the same time last fall which really didn't make sense. I told them what they were doing and the tech told me that he could solve that problem easily. He told me that the government had change something about their satellites which made the WAAS (Wide Area Augmentation System) function not work, the unit would then shut down. He said the solution was simple - just turn off WAAS or update the software and they would work again.

So now we should be set and it only took a thirty minute phone call.

No comments: